Technology domains: Python, Java or Scala, Apache Beam, Docker, Kubernetes, SQL, AWS, GCP
Location: Paris, France
Square Sense is a young PropTech startup that augments real estate asset management, to maximize assets cash flow and value through IoT and AI. We foresee that deep knowledge of end users will improve every step of the real estate asset value chain.
Our solutions collect anonymous data from multiple data sources and process them in order to track, analyze, and understand end user behaviors in all types of assets, identify levers of value creation and maximize assets cash flow and value.
Software engineering @ Square Sense
In Square Sense's Software Development Team we are building a multitude of products in the domains of data collection, analysis, and visualization. Our systems collect data from various physical sensors or third-party data sources, process ingested data in streaming and batch modes, organize processed data and provide visualizations for it.
All team members are responsible for the overall design and architecture, development, quality, production delivery, and monitoring.
As a Data Engineer you will be a member of the Software Development Team. This position implies close collaboation with members of our Data Science Team, who design and implement various data processing algorithms. Primary objectives of a Data Engineer are:
- Develop and maintain various components for data collection (such as web hooks or connectors for MQs for example) and data processing (streaming and batch data piplines with Apache Beam / Google Cloud Dataflow for example).
- Automate data processing tasks and their monitoring in production (for example: orchestration of the batch processing jobs)
- Design effecient data models using various storage technologies (cloud file storages, relational DBs, non-relational DBs).
- Implement APIs (REST and GraphQL) to access processed data.
This position assumes also following activities:
- Work within a Scrum framework with your teammates and in collaboration with other teams.
- Write automated tests (unit tests, integration tests) for new features developed by yourself.
- Deliver updated systems to production for use by end-users.
- Work on improvements of everyday team productivity (automation of existing processes, Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery).
- Participate in the architecture design of Square Sense products.
We are looking for a software developer with 5+ years of experience in back-end software development. Candidates for this position are expected to have:
- Production experience with both Python and Java (or Scala)
- Expert programming skills in at least one of the programming lanagues above (5+ years of production experience)
- Good Knowledge of SQL
- A taste for high quality software (clean code, high test coverage, willigness to do thorough PR reviews)
Knowledge in following areas is a plus:
- Apache Beam
- Docker and Kubernetes
- Usage of Amazon Web Services and/or Google Cloud Platform
- Agile methodology and Scrum in particular
Being passionate about IT ourselves, we are looking for a likewise passionate person with a good team spirit. We offer a competitive salary and work in a great location in the center of Paris.
To apply for this position, please send us your CV and cover letter to email@example.com with the subject line "Data engineer".