Data engineering internship
Data analysis pipeline
Technology domains: Python, Scala, Apache Spark, Apache Beam, Docker, SQL, AWS, GCP
Location: Paris, France
Duration: 6 months
Square Sense is a young PropTech startup that augments real estate asset management, to maximize assets cash flow and value through IoT and AI. We foresee that deep knowledge of end users will improve every step of the real estate asset value chain.
Our solutions collect anonymous data from multiple data sources and process them in order to track, analyze, and understand end user behaviors in all types of assets, identify levers of value creation and maximize assets cash flow and value.
Software engineering @ Square Sense
In Square Sense's Software Development Team we are building a multitude of products in the domains of data collection, analysis, and visualization. Our systems collect data from various physical sensors or third-party data sources, process ingested data in streaming and batch modes, organize processed data and provide visualizations for it.
All team members are responsible for the overall design and architecture, development, quality, production delivery, and monitoring.
As a member of the Software Development Team you will be guided by Lead Developer. The primary goal of this internship is to evolve and improve a data collection and data processing pipeline, and deliver your modifications regularly to production for end users.which includes design of data models and data storage (PostgreSQL, S3, Google Cloud Storage, AWS Athena, BigQuery), and work on data ingestion components (Python, AWS Lambda, AWS API Gateway, Docker, AWS Fargate), batch processing systems (Python, Scala, Apache Airflow, Docker, Apache Spark, GCP Dataproc), streaming data processing (Scala, Apache Beam, GCP Dataflow), ETL, as well as improvements of Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery processes. Your tasks will include:
- Work within a Scrum framework with your teammates and in collaboration with other teams: research & data science, project management.
- Design and develop source code for a multitude of Square Sense products in order to deliver new functionalities or modify existing behavior of our data processing pipeline.
- Write automated tests (unit tests, integration tests) for new features developed by yourself, or previously existing ones.
- Deliver updated systems to production for use by end-users.
- Work on improvements of everyday team productivity (automation of existing processes, Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery).
- Participate in the architecture design of Square Sense products.
We are looking for a student interested in data engineering and data warehouse design that is finishing a postgraduate degree in engineering, a master (M2), or an equivalent university course and is looking for a 6-month internship. Candidates for this position are expected to have knowledge of:
- Relational and/or non-relational databases
- Scala or Java
Knowledge in following areas is a plus:
- Apache Spark
- Apache Beam
- Agile methodology and Scrum in particular
- Usage of Amazon Web Services and/or Google Cloud Platform
Being passionate about IT ourselves, we are looking for a likewise passionate person with a good team spirit. We offer a competitive salary and work in a great location in the center of Paris.
To apply for this position, please send us your CV and cover letter to email@example.com with the subject line "Data engineering internship: Data analysis pipeline".